The pros and cons of hot holding cooked food.
Holding cooked and hot food has a shorter shelf life than chilled and thus the equipment choices can have a long-lasting impact. What to look our for with equipment upgrades;
- When food is held at the correct temperature for maximum freshness and staste you reduce waste. When wastage is reduced, you obviously save on that cost but, perhaps more importantly, you allow stores to cook and display more types of cooked food.
- Displaying more food leads to greater sales. It’s a twofold effect and is often underestimated, as stores typically don’t measure the opportunity cost on not displaying as much food and or variety.
- Energy savings are an important consideration. Ttraditional hot food display cabinets typically use “huge amounts of energy” as plenty of heat escapes the cabinets and continually needs to be replaced.
How food is kept hot
- The typical machine also has a heat source under the shelf that continues to ‘cook’ the product, leading to faster deterioration of the food.
Why Flexeserve Hub?
With the patented technology of Flexeserve Zone hot holding, we’ve seen many clients achieving longer hold times, increased food quality and now the ability to dramatically increase the range of hot food they offer. Unmatched variety of hot food. This means that retailers are no longer constrained by their cabinets as to what they can sell, which allows for future expansion of hot food range.With Flexeserve Zone, the air is recirculated inside the cabinet with a tightly controlled air curtain, meaning retailers see reductions in energy consumption and gain the ability to run different temperatures on each shelf to cater to different food types.:
- Reduced operating costs (including energy consumption and amount of labour required).
- Reduced footprint
- Easier to install without the surrounding infrastructure.
- Making it easier for stores to offer a greater range of better quality food without the hassles
To see how the Hub can revolutionise your hot food holding, book an appointment with us
#meris #merisfoodequipment #foodequipment #foodtogo #food #foodie #launch #heatedisplay #flexeserve #flexeservehub #sustainability #energysaving #profit #business #smallbusiness #foodbusiness #petrol #convenientstore #supermarket #restaurant #cafe #pub #club #petrolicious #coles #woolworths #drakes #IGA